Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Deadwood snapshot: All sqa tests (but 1) pass

All sqa tests modified or bugs in program fixed so that the tests past, with the exception of the "sqa_tcp_buffering_2" test. (Update: The issue was that this particular test is a bit unreliable and doesn’t always pass. I got it to pass once in both the 32-bit and 64-bit environment so I closed this issue and released 2.6.01)


Here’s a cool link:


http://gilesorr.com/wm/table.html

This lists every single Window manager for X that exists. Every single last one.

I’m still using FVWM1 from 1995; I will use something more recent when and if someone makes a Window manager that supports:
  • Seamless focus follows mouse (When I tried FVWM2, its focus-follows-mouse was buggy)
  • Multiple workspaces
  • Multiple windows inside each workspace. What FVWM supports which I haven’t seen any newer WM do is, in addition to having multiple workspaces, each workspace is a virtual screen larger than one’s desktop; applications can be moved from one desktop to the other by simply dragging the window past the edge of the screen.