Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another MaraDNS wish list item

OK, I just got another MaraDNS wish list item:
  • DNS that changes one's answer based on one's location (Geo DNS)
The answer is the same as for other MaraDNS wishlist items: No, unless you pay me to implement it.

The only things I plan on implementing for MaraDNS are full IPv6 support, full thread-free recursive DNS, full Windows service support for MaraDNS 2.0's recursive resolver (Deadwood), and good BIND zone file support (via a Python script which is mostly done). After all of this is done, I have no plans to implement new features for MaraDNS unless someone steps up to the plate and compensates me for my time.

Sorry, guys, I'm getting married in under three weeks and the married lifestyle is not compatible with the lifestyle of someone writing open source software "for fun and for free".