Friday, March 9, 2007

Chortle update and sample image

I've been doing a lot of readability (is that a word) testing with the Chortle font. I found that the fully serif font was hard on my eyes after 30 minutes or so of reading. So I starting removing some of the serifs:

This was an improvment, but it was still hard on my eyes after one or two hours of reading. So I improved it some more:

This is clear, but isn't quite readable enough to comfortably read an entire book with; I'm going to have to make a bigger version of this lettering to do that.

MaraDNS update: I have updated the webpage.