Friday, September 4, 2009

Deadwood testing update

Yesterday, my copy of Deadwood 2.4.07 crashed in Windows, and I had to restart the service.

I looked at the Dr. Watson log, but the log had no useful information about why Deadwood crashed (it had an exception number of 80000007 and reported "ERROR -> ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet: 7c91e514 c3 ret"), but appears to be something outside of Deadwood's code).

I ran some stress tests with Deadwood in Linux this morning and was unable to reproduce the crash.

I am going to close this issue as "unreproducible" unless anyone chimes in and reports Deadwood 2.4.07 crashing. It was probably caused by some bug in the Windows kernel or what not. If anyone sees this kind of crash, it would be best to include a stack trace, but I'll live if all you can give me is a Dr. Watson rerpot.