- Mens, Jan-Piet (2008). Alternative DNS Servers: Choice and Deployment, and Optional SQL/LDAP Back-Ends (Paperback). UIT Cambridge Ltd. ISBN 0954452992.
This book devotes an entire chapter to MaraDNS
- Danchev, Dancho. How OpenDNS, PowerDNS and MaraDNS remained unaffected by the DNS cache poisoning vulnerability ZDNet.
This article affirms MaraDNS' excellent security design, pointing out
that MaraDNS was never vulnerable to the 2008 cache poisoning attacks.
- Schroder, Carla (2007). Linux Networking Cookbook (Paperback).
O'Reilly. ISBN 0596102488.
This book, on page 545, endorses MaraDNS, stating that "My recommended combination is [...] MaraDNS for a public authoritative server"
- João Antunes; Nuno Ferreira Neves; Paulo Veríssimo (2007), href="http://homepages.di.fc.ul.pt/~nuno/pubs.html">Finding Local Resource Exhaustion Vulnerabilities, 18th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, Trollhättan, Swedenhttp://homepages.di.fc.ul.pt/~nuno/pubs.html
This article discussion MaraDNS' denial-of-service resistance, pointing out that "Figure 2, for instance, shows that the BIND server performs worse than MaraDNS under the same attack, which means that the later is able to sustain a larger number of attacks than the first"
- Rutherford, Matthew J. (2006), Adequate System-Level Testing of Distributed Systems, Department of Computer Science, Boulder, CO, http://mjrutherford.org/node/11
This PhD thesis mentions MaraDNS several times.
I have uploaded a new version of MaraDNS today. In addition to adding the above material showing third parties praising MaraDNS to the MaraDNS advocacy page, I have also changed the next version number of MaraDNS to be MaraDNS 1.4.01. The release can be downloaded here
The MaraDNS 1.4 series will be an actively maintain series of releases that continues to use the older recursive code for people who need both an authoritative and recursive DNS server on the same IP. The only changes to this branch will be security and critical bug fixes. I will release this around the same time I release MaraDNS 2.0.