Well, after doing a whole bunch of SQA testing, it looks like I have finally found a bug.
It looks like Deadwood isn't caching every single element like it should.
I discovered this when making sure maximum_cache_elements does the right thing.
I will investigate this bug and keep readers posted here. People can see the work I have been doing at the usual place
Update: The issue was with the test, not Deadwood; fixed and there will be a fixed Deadwood update tomorrow
I stand corrected.
I mentioned that the Brasero CD/DVD burning program doesn't correctly make records so Windows can see long file names on burned disks. This is incorrect; the bug is actually that there's something strange about Brasero-burned disks that make it so VMware player doesn't always see the long file names on these disks.
I will investigate and report, but this looks like a VMware player bug, not a Brasero bug.