The MicroDNS code I posted last week had some bugs that made it not work (when I changed the code to use sub-functions instead of a single main() function, I did not do all of the needed changes); when working on Deadwood, I discovered and fixed these bugs today, and MicroDNS now works. The corrected version of MicroDNS can be downloaded here
I have added another test to Deadwood: The "Roy Arends" test. This test make sure that the Deadwood DNS server doesn't answer DNS answers (otherwise the server would be vulnerable to a denial-of-service attack). Deadwood passed the test with flying colors. Deadwood can be looked at here, and today's snapshot (20090317) can be downloaded here.