Friday, June 29, 2007

MaraDNS 1.3.07.02 release



    Since I am about to go on a road trip, I have released MaraDNS 1.3.07.02 today. This is a bugfix-only release. Testing earlier this week found two significant bugs in the code. This release fixes both bugs. This release is suitable for testers of MaraDNS, and for distributions where it is clear that the distribution includes cutting-edge releases of software that have not been fully tested. I had one person ask for a Debian package of MaraDNS 1.3 this spring (I guess some people don't know how to type in tar xvjf maradns-1.3.07.02.tar.bz2 followed by cd maradns-1.3.07.02; ./configure; make; su followed by make install). I am not familiar with what does or does not belong in Debian-unstable or Debian-testing, but it may be time to move up the "bleeding edge" release of Debian up to 1.3.

    The 1.3.07 branch will become the next stable branch of MaraDNS. The only changes to this branch that I will make before I christen it stable are adding additional SQA test, documentation changes, and, of course, bug fixes.

    In the meantime, 1.2.12.06 is the current stable release of MaraDNS. This release is, barring a critical security hole, updated once every three months. The last update was May 18; the next update to the 1.2 branch should be in mid-August.

    MaraDNS 1.3.07.02 is available on the MaraDNS download page.