I have released a new snapshot of the betatest branch of MaraDNS today. In this snapshot, I fixed the bug that was causing MaraDNS to generate invalid DNS packets. Basically, the csv2 parsing code was sometimes allowing TXT chunks to be over 255 bytes in length, which does bad and unexpected things, but is not a security problem.
I fixed the bug in both the 1.2 and 1.3 branches of MaraDNS (the patches are different in this case). The 1.2 patch will eventually become part of MaraDNS when MaraDNS 1.2.12.07 is released mid-August. I will probably make another 1.3 release of MaraDNS, so people have something to work with while I go on my road trip next week.
The 1.2 patch is here, and the 1.3 snapshot is here.