Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Deadwood 2.2.01 released: Testing version

I have both released source code and a Windows binary for Deadwood today. This is a testing release; while reasonable effort has been made to ensure this program does not have bugs, the emphasis with this release is to add new features and this is not a "bugfix only" branch of Deadwood.

Deadwood is a non-recursive DNS cache for CentOS 5 and Microsoft Windows XP; this is the first binary Windows release that runs as a Windows service. This code will eventually become MaraDNS' recursive cache.

My next step is to add Deadwood's man page to the Windows binary and add a pointer to the cache file in the included example dwood2rc.txt file. After that, I plan on making it so DwTcp can become a service also.

Once DwTcp can become a service, I will release another 2.2 release of Deadwood.

After that, I will work on making the code more modular.

Deadwood 2.2.01 can be downloaded here:
http://maradns.org/deadwood/testing