To create a cmd prompt with admin rights:
- Right click on an unused part of the desktop
- Select the "new" sub-menu
- Select "shortcut" in this sub-menu
- When it asks for the location of the new shortcut, just type in "cmd" (without the quotes)
- Click on "next"
- When it asks for a name for the shortcut, the name "cmd" is fine; click on "finish"
- There will now be a shortcut on your desktop with the name "cmd". Right click on this shortcut.
- Select "properties", and make sure the tab selected at the top of the "proprties" window is the "shortcut" tab
- Click on the "advanced" button
- Check the "execute as administrator" checkbox
- Click OK in this window and (if needed) in the "properties" window
Once setup, this cmd window can be used to install Deadwood on Windows Vista as per the directions for installing Deadwood in Windows XP.